Personal Page | Dennis van ‘t Ent
I am a researcher in the field of neuroimaging genetics and at our department I am the contact person for access and use of neuroimaging data. My personal interest is in exploring individual differences in brain structure and function and how these differences relate to individual variation in cognitive and psychological traits. To this end I collect and analyze neuroimaging data, mainly MRI, in genetically informative samples of monozygotic and dizygotic twins and additional family members. My activities regarding education at the faculty of behavior and movement sciences include:
– Course coordinator, examiner and teacher: 1st year Psychology Bachelor course: Biological and Cognitive Psychology.
– Course coordinator, examiner and teacher: 1st year Psychology Bachelor course: Big data in Psychology.
– Course coordinator, examiner and teacher: University Minor course: Biological Psychology (UM)
– Course coordinator, examiner: B-thesis in track: Genes, Cognition and Behaviour
– Course coordinator, examiner and teacher: Research Master course: Cardiovascular and Brain Imaging genetics.
– Coordinator minor Genes, Cognition and Behaviour
– Vice-chair Exam subcommittee Psychology, faculty of Behavioural and Movement sciences, VU university Amsterdam
– General coordinator of methods education for the bachelor program Psychology and education.
#MRI #Behavior Genetics #Neuroimaging Genetics #Biological Psychology
- Baselmans, B, Hammerschlag, A.R., Noordijk, S., Ip, H., van der Zee, M., de Geus, E., Abdellaoui, A., Treur, J.L., van ’t Ent, D. (2022) The Genetic and Neural Substrates of Externalizing Behavior. Biological Psychiatry Global Open Science, 2 (4), 389-399.
- Teeuw, J., Klein, M., Mota, N.R., Brouwer, R.M., van ‘t Ent, D., Al-Hassaan, Z., Franke, B., Boomsma, D.I., Hulshoff Pol, H.E. (2022) Multivariate Genetic Structure of Externalizing Behavior and Structural Brain Development in a Longitudinal Adolescent Twin Sample. International Journal of Molecular Science, 23, 3176.
- Brouwer, R.M., Klein, M., … Van ‘t Ent, D., … Fullerton, J.M. Genetic variants associated with longitudinal changes in brain structure across the lifespan (2022) Nature neuroscience, 25 (4), 421-432.
- Marroun, H.E., Klapwijk, E.T., Koevoets, M., Brouwer, R.M., Peters S., Van ‘t Ent, D., Boomsma, D.I., Muetzel, R.L., Crone, E.A., Hulshoff Pol, H.E., Franken, I.H.A. (2021) Alcohol use and brain morphology in adolescence: A longitudinal study in three different cohorts. European Journal of Neuroscience, 54 (6), 6012-6026.
- van ‘t Ent, D., Den Braber, A., Baselmans, B.M.L., Brouwer, R.M., Dolan, C.V., Hulshoff Pol, H.E., de Geus, E.J.C., Bartels, M. (2017) Associations between subjective well-being and subcortical brain volumes. Nature Scientific reports, 7 (1), 1-11.