Personal Page | Tinca Polderman
PI DREAMS (www.dreams-study.nl)
Founder Genetics Network Amsterdam (www.geneticsnetworkamsterdam.org)
#Autism #ADHD #Behavior Genetics #Mental Health
- Ronald A, De Bode N, Polderman TJC (2021). Systematic Review: How the ADHD polygenic risk score adds to our understanding of ADHD and associated traits. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 60, 1234-1277.
- Pettersson E, Lichtenstein P, Larsson H, Song J, Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Working Group of the iPSYCH-Broad-PGC Consortium, Autism Spectrum Disorder Working Group of the iPSYCH-Broad-PGC Consortium, Bipolar Disorder Working Group of the PGC, Eating Disorder Working Group of the PGC, Major Depressive Disorder Working Group of the PGC, Obsessive Compulsive Disorders and Tourette Syndrome Working Group of the PGC, Schizophrenia Working Group of the PGC + CLOZUK sample, Substance Use Disorder Working Group of the PGC, Argrawal A, Børglum AD, Bulik CM, Daly MJ, Davis LK, Demontis D, Edenberg HJ, Grove J, Gelernter J, Neale BM, Pardinas A, Stahl E, Walters JT, Walters R, Sullivan PF, Posthuma D, Polderman TJC (2019). Genetic influences on eight psychiatric disorders based on family data of 4 408 646 full and half siblings, and genetic data of 333 748 cases and controls. Psychological Medicine, 49, 1166-1173.
- Polderman TJC, Benyamin B, De Leeuw CA, Sullivan PF, van Bochoven A, Visscher PM & Posthuma D (2015). Meta-analysis of the heritability of human traits based on fifty years of twin studies. Nature Genetics, 47, 702-709.
- Hammerschlag AR, de Leeuw C, Middeldorp CM, Polderman TJC (2019). Postsynaptic, neuron projection, and brain-expressed gene sets relate to the shared genetic risk across five psychiatric disorders. Psychological Medicine, 50, 1695-1705.
- Jansen AG, Dieleman GC, Jansen PR, Verhulst FC, Posthuma D, Polderman TJC (2019). Associating psychiatric polygenic risk scores with neurodevelopmental disorders in a clinical child and adolescent sample. Behavior Genetics, 50, 203-212.
In my opinion it is of critical relevance that scientific work is translated to society and stakeholders. I contribute via a variety of platforms and media, some examples listed below.
- Nov 2022: Interview Volkskrant about heritability of gender identity
- Feb 2022: Video interview at ‘Data Driven Health Care’ on mental health in children and Adolescents: https://bit.ly/3s9fy83
- Dec 2021: Interview ‘Autisme Magazine’ about EGAL research NAR
- Sep 2021: Participate in Firma Mes Theater: audio tour performance ‘OKSIGEN’, on family genetics
- Feb 2020: Interview ‘Quest’, about comorbidity ASD and ADHD, and genetic pleiotropy. ‘Dubbel pech?’
- Feb 2020: Interview ‘Boston Globe Sunday Magazine’ (USA) about genetic and environmental influences on child development and behavior. ‘How much influence do we really have over our kids?’
- Sep 2019: Interview ‘Kennislink’ about genetic architecture of human complex traits: https://bit.ly/3glb8ID
- April 2019: Radio Interview NPO 1 ‘Nieuws & Co’ about co-authored study Watanabe et al.: https://bit.ly/3gbP7fd